Contact us today for a free quote.
Tree Surveyor Shaftesbury: Surveys, Assessments and Reports
Tree Surveyor Shaftesbury
A tree surveyor is a professional who specialises in conducting surveys and assessments of trees. The purpose of a tree survey is to provide information about the condition, age, size, species, and location of trees, as well as any potential hazards or risks associated with them.
The information gathered by tree surveyors can be used for a variety of purposes. This includes identifying the best course of action for managing or maintaining trees, assessing the potential impact of construction projects on trees, and ensuring compliance with local regulations and laws related to tree conservation and protection.
What Does a Tree Surveyor Do?
Our tree surveyors are typically hired by homeowners and developers that have trees on their property or site and want to ensure they are healthy, safe, and properly maintained. The duties of a tree surveyor typically include:
- Conducting a visual tree assessment to identify their health and condition, including looking for signs of disease, damage, or decay.
- Measuring and documenting the size, height, and location of trees. This is often done using specialised tools such as a measuring tape, clinometer, and GPS.
- Identifying the species of trees, as well as any potential hazards they may pose to people or property.
- Providing recommendations for tree surgery or tree care, such as tree pruning, or tree removal, based on their assessment. Mitigation methods such as planting trees in other locations may be included.
- Preparing reports and maps of the trees on a property, which may be used for planning purposes, or to comply with local regulations.
Overall, the goal of our tree surveyors is to help ensure the health and safety of protected trees, while also taking into account the needs and goals of the property owner or project manager.
Our Tree Surveyor Shaftesbury Services
Collington Winter Environmental offer tree surveyor Shaftesbury services to all locations in the United Kingdom. We provide a wide range of UK services, including:
- Tree condition surveys
- Professional tree inspections
- British Standard BS5837 2012 trees in relation to design, demolition and construction recommendations
- Individual tree protection plans
- Arboricultural tree impact assessments
- Site monitoring and health and safety supervision
- Tree constraint plan drawings
- Tree risk assessment recommendations
Tree work services are typically required by those involved with the planning and development of a site. Those who have trees located on their property also have a duty of care to ensure that the trees do not pose as a danger to others. They should also carry out tree surveys to ensure that all of the trees are at an acceptable level.
If you are looking to apply for permission during the planning process and you believe that surrounding trees could impact this, please get in touch to find out more about our tree surveyor services.
Why Choose Collington Winter?
Collington Winter believe in a pragmatic approach to development. We meet the needs of clients whilst also ensuring positive outcomes for surrounding wildlife. We work alongside our clients to find solutions.
We believe that an early consultation alongside one of our experienced consultants is the best way to improve the chances of a successful development project with a local planning authority.
Over the years, we have built strong relationships with key stakeholders across Shaftesbury and Dorset. To find out how a local tree consultant from our team could assist on your project, contact us using the details below.
23 Bark Street East
Bolton Office: 01204 939 608
Dumfries Office: 01387 378208