Contact us today for a free quote.
Consultant Ecologist Job Description
Collington Winter Environmental Ltd
£21,000 – £27,000 a year – Full-time, Permanent
Collington Winter Environmental was founded with a belief in a pragmatic approach to development. Meeting the needs of developers, whilst ensuring positive outcomes for wildlife. We are looking for a candidate who fits our values and vision and will become a
We are seeking an ambitious individual, looking for further experience undertaking Project Management, client liaison and business operations. They must be able to produce high quality ecological reports to inform planning permission and have good knpowlege of UK legislation, planning system and Biodiversity Net Gain Policy.
The role will suit an ecologist with between 1 – 3 years experience working within a consultancy environment, looking for a role with greater responsibility and opportunities to progress their career.
- Undertake Preliminary Ecological Appraisals and Protected Species Surveys on a range of sites throughout the UK.
- Work closely with colleagues in our Landscape Architecture team to provide high quality advice on projects.
- Produce high quality ecological reports for submission with planning applications.
- Manage your own projects under the supervision of the Ecology Director. Client liaison, fee proposals and billing are all key parts of project management.
- Organise sub contractors for survey work and assist with organisation of survey timetable in peak season.
- A degree or equivalent in an Environmental Science subject, or demonstration or relevant alternative experience.
- Must have Natural England Bat Level 1 Licence.
- Membership with a relevant professional body such as CIEEM, IES, IEMA (will be paid for by CWE annually).
- Between 1 – 3 years experience working within an ecological consultancy.
- Own car and ability to drive long distances for work.
- Ability to stay away from home for short periods (1-2 nights) for work throughout the UK (hotel expenses all paid for).
- Happy to work outdoors in all weathers
Candidates with successful CV’s will be invited for interview. As part of the interview process, you will be asked to produce written work for assessment of skills. You may also be asked to attend a full or half trial day at the office (your time would be paid for) to further assess skills and fit within the team.
Application deadline: 21/02/2022
Expected start date: 21/03/2022
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £21,000.00-£27,000.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Bachelor’s (preferred)
- Consultancy: 1 year (required)
- English (preferred)
- Natural England Bat or GCN Licence (preferred)
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
23 Bark Street East
Bolton Office: 01204 939 608
Dumfries Office: 01387 378208